AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Making Ten, and other stuff....ohh, and a few freebies!

Gotta love these short weeks!!  We were off yesterday for Veteran's Day and then off this coming Friday for an inservice.  Now as much as I LOVE these short weeks, and I do mean LOVE--my kiddos are still struggling with SO many things.  That's the great thing about these short weeks, I get more time to review and reteach.  I can't expect them to do first grade work if they're not there yet.  I can only take them from where they are---so what have we been working on and reviewing?


This morning we worked on parts of ten and making ten.  I keep ten little counters in a snack size bag to make it quick and simple to pass out for intervention, math tubs, or whole group.  I quickly made a ten frame mat this morning for them to use with their manipulatives

 But I wanted something a little cuter as we work on this some more...soo...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKODlQRllpcmkySVU/edit?usp=sharing
You can click the image above if you'd like your own black/white ten frame to use with your kiddos. 

Tomorrow I'm going to try this game with them.  
They will dress a Pilgrim doll as they figure out the missing part of ten. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKbVlIcXJKQ2dMczA/edit?usp=sharing
You can click the image above to grab you a *FREEBIE* to practice missing parts of ten.

Also, if you're working on Making Ten, I found this cute little song on YouTube.



In reading intervention, we are still working on our sight words. They are working so hard.  
Here's the fun activity we did today to help with our sight word recognition.
 You can find this activity in Super Readers Set 1.
Click HERE to see it on TpT.

We are also still working on our digraphs. Today we reviewed our sh and ch sounds. 



I would normally do our sort as a pocket chart activity (and print it in color), but when I found out I had FIVE kiddos out today, I went to plan B and redid my lesson plans and changed EVERYTHING for the day.  We sat on the floor together and did our digraph sort and the students taped the pictures up to the chart.  Then they completed one on their own. They seemed to have fun doing this.  I could hear them making the sh and ch noises and chanting our Phonics Dance sounds with it. :)

This activity by the way can be found in this set.
You can click HERE to see it.

I also have some digraph activities in my fall pack that my kids have enjoyed playing. 
You can click HERE to see it.

OHH, and I just finished Be A Reading Detective Mission #2: Consonant Digraphs
And you can see it HERE.

I had two activities that I didn't include in the pack if you'd like to try them out.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKU25pbF9CekdiUUE/edit?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKU25pbF9CekdiUUE/edit?usp=sharing
 Click on the image above if you'd like to try it out for your kiddos.

Ohh, and I updated a Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Child!! WOOT WOOT! 
Interactive stories, sorts and more!
Please check it out HERE!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Day-in-the-Life-of-a-Pilgrim-Child-167193








6 comments:

  1. Love the Pilgrim freebie! Question though--in the Teacher Directions, you say to choose to use color or black/white. Did you just mean choose the printing option when printing the colored version, or do you have a black and white version as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl you have been BUSY! Everything looks amazing!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though you haven't been blogging as often, I still managed to miss a post...maybe 2. I always love reading your blog. I have had a new development with my class. Due to a teacher quitting and apparently no one wanting to work in Oklahoma, I am now teaching a 1st (17 students)/kdg (14 students) split. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it. So far, I don't think I have done either class justice. :/ Hope things are going well for you, my friend!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the you tube video. What did we do before technology?!

    ~Kourtney

    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com

    Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "What Makes Ten" song, been using it since last year! Only wish he didn't say "second graders" our firsties are expected to do and do well with this!
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews