AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Last Minute Halloween

So, tomorrow is Halloween.  OY!  In my city, it is (or was) supposed to be trick or treat too.  It has since been postponed til Saturday due to some severe weather we are supposed to be getting.  Last year it was postponed as well--due to snow!  Yes friends...snow in October! Welcome to Ohio!  Stick around, because if you don't like the weather, there's a new day ahead of you with who know what type of weather! ;)

My building decided to allow students to wear their costumes to school tomorrow (again, thinking that it was trick or treat).  We don't have a Halloween party, but they are allowing the students to parade around in their costumes.  The kids enjoy it---this teacher--
AHH--well, let's see how the day goes! ;)

I had planned on sticking as close to my lesson plans as I could, but I thought...surely I know better.  The kids are excited for the holiday--they are excited about their costumes---they are just excited about EVERYTHING! :) I thought I better have a bag of tricks JUST.IN.CASE.   

I have the Little Old Lady who wasn't Afraid of Anything ready to go, but I decided to make some activities to go with Splat.  I LOVE SPLAT!  
I think we will use the craft template from the Back to School Splat I made last year and add a pumpkin to him for Scaredy Cat Splat.   I have also found a lot of GREAT crafts online too that I may also pull from.  Ya do whatcha can on this CRAZY days right? :)

I thought I'd share some of the things I made.
You can click on one of the images below to snag yourself a FREEBIE!
I do PUFFY HEART comments though---I feel my blog has been quite quiet lately! 
(Then again, I'm very windy on FB I know)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKZTJOd2xqakIxblk/edit?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKZTJOd2xqakIxblk/edit?usp=sharing


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKZTJOd2xqakIxblk/edit?usp=sharing


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3D5Bsh09DJKZTJOd2xqakIxblk/edit?usp=sharing
 


8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your cute unit! I can't wait to do this with my class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had to take today off, and I spent all of Tuesday preparing for my sub, so I feel so unprepared for tomorrow! I believe I have this book, so I may use a few of your activities tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!

    Erica
    Blooming In First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to use this today!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have this book, but I may have to order it for next year! Luckily, I have a Halloween Scholastic video and we read There Was an Old Monster and made a cute monster craft! Instead of Halloween costumes, we did Book Character Day, which was super fun!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for posting this. We LOVE Splat the Cat in our home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got the book. Love these activities! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews