AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday Tip

Our school district has recently taken the training in FranklinCovey's Leader in Me. Our district is the first school in Ohio where all elementary buildings (as well as 6th grade and Middle School) are implementing it.  One of the habits that we focus on is "Think Win-Win".  In other words, we want the best solution for all.  As I was thinking about this habit, I realized that it's done in our Classroom Behavior Bingo.

Have you heard of Classroom Behavior Bingo? It's a way to get students to all work together to earn numbers pulled in hopes of earning a Bingo for a treat.  This is not my original idea.  I found it on Proteacher.  I did change it to fit my classroom theme for this year, as well as ideas that I thought my kids would like to earn.

 I made and hung this earlier in the school year, I've since added one more thing to it.  If the room is tidy at the end of the day, and they are quite as they are tidying, I pull two more numbers.  They have quite a bit of chances to earn numbers--but they have to work together to get their numbers pulled.  I've not had any issues with someone being on something other than green, or homework not being done as to where students are disrespectful with each other.  All they say is, we'll have to try again tomorrow.  They are so sweet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! Just found your blog-- love the cupcakes {see my name and blog design?!} hehe!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews