AboutStoreFavorite LinksHomeFavorite Blogs

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Missing Parts--TASK CARDS for SCOOT!! :)

In math we've been working on subtraction--finding the missing part.  Our series uses the part-part-whole boxes.  I thought I'd try to do something fun for review--so I made "task cards" for the scoot game.  Another way the task cards can be used is for Math Journals, Math Tubs, Center Workstations--or even ring them and send them for homework practice.

**I've come to love these task cards and playing Scoot with my students, but storage can be quite a pain in the butt quite cumbersome.  I find that it's easy to store them in recipe boxes, and separate them with a colored index card.  You can even use the tab kind and write what you have in each section.  I also know some people have put them on rings and hang them in their classrooms.  My classroom (WHICH I LOVE the storage) is hard to do much with.  It was a jr. high science lab...which means cabinets, and counters galore---but lack of wall space.  Therefore, I like to use the recipe boxes :)

8 comments:

  1. I would love these! I can't find the download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I reread the post. I thought you had them for download. Sounds fun! Just started subtraction today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a sign of a long day when you forget to link your pdf file! Thanks for calling it to my attention. They should be available now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't find the download....can you tell me where to find it?? My class LOVES playing scoot!! Thanks so much!

    dyoung@sau15.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can read about Scoot (not my creation) on the games section (top header) of my blog! It's just a quick game for review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Young, I'm sorry I'm just now reading your comment. Click on the pink word task cards in the post.

    ReplyDelete

First Grade and Fabulous

Total Pageviews